Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Nickeled and Dimed...


So not a lot of people know this about me... because it's kinda strange... but I'm mildly obsessed with amusement parks and I have been since I first rode the Raptor at Cedar Point in 6th grade.

By mildly I mean I could tell you WAY too many facts about WAY too many rollercoasters in the US.  Like I'm talking height, speed, length, who designed it, how much it cost etc. 

ANYWAYS, when I was dirt poor in high school I wanted a season pass to Cedar Point SO bad.  I didn't care that I lived almost 5 hours away, I knew I could make it worth my while.  So instead of just finding a job or something, like a normal person would do, I went around my school shaking an old water bottle and asking for spare change from students/teachers.  Yes, I was a bum in Holland Michigan.  You would be surprised how many high schoolers and even PRINCIPALS have no problem donating nickels to a worthy cause.  You may laugh now, but it worked baby!  In less than a month I had collected enough money to get the pass AND get a friend in with me for free.

So go ahead and laugh... but I was laughing all the way to the front line of the Raptor baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment